Crafting the Perfect Business Cards is the First Step and Effective Way to Build Connection
Why do business cards still matter? Two words. First impression. And that is why they are still being used today. Nothing matters more than making an impactful great first impression. Business cards are not just the first impression of your business, but they also give that added professional touch and feel to your business.
What Your Business Card Should Be?
Your business card, in a nutshell, should convey, compliment and represent what your business is. It should also provide all the relevant and useful information not just about your company, but it should also highlight the role you play within that company.
Your business card is basically the first impression of your business that you are physically handing out to people for them to keep and reference. And that is why you need to make it good, make it memorable and make it impact.
5 Steps to Creating Your Business Cards
- How are you going to make your cards? There are three ways to go about this – the DIY method, via a local printer and via an online printer. The DIY method is not recommended here since it is important that these cards look professional. Even if you have the skills to design your card, you may not have the right kind of printer or material to finish the job. A local printer, on the other hand, could prove to be quite a costly option, but the good news is that if you want to be as hands-on and involved as possible in designing your card, you can. The best option would be to source for an online printer. It’s easy, cost-effective, there’s plenty of options, and the cards come out looking professional too.
- What kind of paper are you using? Business cards these days can be simple and classy, or bold and flashy. Deciding what kind of impression, you want to make will decide on the outcome of the card you have. There are basically three types of paper stock you can print your cards on – the standard (cheap but flimsy), the signature (good quality thickness) and ultra-thick (the thickest and sturdiest option).
- What information should be on your card? Remember you don’t have a lot of space to work with, so keep the info essential and minimal. The basic things you should include on your business cards are your name, name of the business, your job title, phone number, and email address, your website, logo and physical company address. If you have the extra space to spare, then you may add on the social media accounts of your business on the card.
- What design should you choose? Ready-made templates available online will be your cheapest and easiest option.
- What sort of font should you choose? In this instance, you want to steer clear of overly decorative and hard to read fonts. It is important that your business card be clear and readable. All that fancy font will mean nothing if nobody can read your business cards properly.
It’s easy to start and create your own business cards. And if you need the extra assistance, Easy Buy Sell Business is here to help. Get in touch with us today and let us help you work on your perfect first impression.
If you are interested to do a business name card in Singapore, read more from a local corporate service provider in Singapore who can assist you along the way.