How Should You Set Up a Dental Clinic Business in Singapore?
Setting up a dental clinic business in Singapore is very similar to that of traditional clinic. Medical practice of license can be obtained from Ministry of Health (MOH) and the applications of the report can be submitted to Central Licensing Branch under MOH.
The doctor graduates who have a medical license to practice can open a dental clinic in Singapore, for which the clinics needs to be registered under business entity. One also needs to register with ACRA- Accountability and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore.
Establishing a Dental Clinic in Singapore
Following are the steps to establish a dental clinic in Singapore
1. A fiscal location
Once the business has been registered, then setting up a clinic in a good location is important
2. Approval for the clinic’s premise
- If you are going to shift your office to an existing place which requires some kind of renovation work then you should apply for building work permit to comply with the regulations through BCA (Building and Construction Authority of Singapore).
- After the completion of building work, you need to apply for certificate of statuatory compliance or temporary occupation permit from BCA before shifting to the place. Also keep in mind that you must hire only certified architects and contractors for renovation work.
- It is mandatory that you must obtain a fire certificate (FSC) before occupying the place for dental clinic. An architect or engineer can help you get a fire certificate from the Singapore Civil defence force
- If you want to place a business board on the building, you must get the license for advertisement from BCA.
3. Approval for dispensary of medical drugs
If you wish to have a dispensary for the medical drugs, then it is mandatory to obtain a certificate of registration of a pharmacy with a health science authority. If you plan to keep machines like X-ray or any other irradiating equipment, then you should apply for L3 license from National Environment Agency. This license is applicable to one type of irradiating machine, hence, you need to apply for a new license for a new type of machine.
4. Name of the clinic
- One of the most crucial step in completing the set up of dental clinic, requires naming the clinic. It is important to include the term, “dental clinic or dental care’’ in the name of the clinic and take care that the name of the clinic should not be similar to any existing dental clinic in Singapore.
- The name of the clinic which has been approved should be exactly the same on the signboard and no irrelevant words or pictures are allowed on the signboard.
- If you wish to add additional logo/pictures on the signboards or on the clinic stationery such as invoices, bills, receipts, approval of the same is needed
5. Appointing a Manager
A clinical manager must be appointed who will responsible for the administrative works of the clinic. It is mandate that the manager must be a medical practitioner registered with medical council.
6. Obtaining important license
Following is the list of some important license which is required to operate a dental clinic:
- Risk based licensing: This type of license is important for healthcare institutions as it is used to comply with the licensing requirement of the institutions. Healthcare institutions are divided into 3 types depending on the type of the services they provide: High risk, moderate risk and low risk.
- All the applications of the license along with the license fee must be made at least two months before starting the dental practice with the inspection and the audit branch under Ministry of Health
- If you plan to open branches of the institutions, then each branch must have their own license.
7. Submitting the documents
The following list of important documents must be submitted to Ministry of Health:
- Fire Safety Certificate obtained from the Fire Safety department
- Drawn to scale-floor plan of the clinic premises
- License of the company registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
- Submit the authorized letter signed by the CEO/Director of the company
- If you share your premsies, then submitting the consent letter from the licensee i.e. who has agreed to share the premise for clinical purpose.
It takes around 7-15 days to issue the license and this license is valid for 2 years. There are many professional services who are ready to assist you in applying and obtaining the license.
If you are interested to start a dental clinic business in Singapore, read more from local corporate service provider in Singapore who can assist you along the way.